Posts Tagged ‘Star Wars’
With a name like Leia, you know I couldn’t resist throwing a Star Wars themed first birthday party…heavy emphasis on Princess Leia. You can see the birthday invitation here. I made Leia funfetti cupcakes that were decorated with cream cheese and chocolate frosting, mini chocolate chips, chocolate Oreos, and red decorating gel. The oreos are held on with a dab of chocolate frosting. I displayed the cupcakes on the tower I made (instructions here). I plan on recovering the tower and adding new ribbon for my older daughter’s Disney Princess birthday in May…here we go again! At least I have 6 weeks to
recover get things ready for Hannah’s party.
I decorated the kitchen by displaying photos from each month of Leia’s first year clipped onto a piece of light pink sheer fabric. The funny story about this fabric is that it was originally purchased and used at my wedding reception almost 7 years ago. Little did I know then what that part of the decor would be used for later on 🙂 I had a bunch of silver hair clips that I used to clip the photos onto the fabric–just trying to use what I had. I couldn’t find a star wars table cloth that looked girly enough so I just bought a plain pink one and attached star wars graphics I printed out on photo paper as well as some photos of Leia with her Princess Leia hair buns on.
I made a “one” pennant decoration for Leia’s high chair. It also had “Leia” on one side pennant and “Danielle” on the other end pennant. I strung them through light pink ribbon and attached it to the high chair with glue dots. The glue dots peeled right off afterwards.
I decorated the blank wall that Leia was going to be sitting in front of to open her gifts with a big poster of photos my cousin Candace took after Leia was first born. You can see part of this in the collage above. This made a pretty backdrop and was also fun to look back on (thanks Candace!).
- Yoda Soda (pictured in collage above)–it’s actually just 7-Up and Lime Sherbet but it’s really tasty!
- Han Solo Ham Sandwiches (I made homemade yeast rolls, filled them with shaved ham and cheddar cheese, then popped them in the oven to warm 30 minutes before lunch time)
- Princess Lays Chips (I can hear your groaning)
- Yoda Ears (edamame in shells topped with coarse kosher salt)
- Vader Veggies & Droid Dip (my mom supplied this with fresh veggies from her garden and delicious spinach artichoke dip–even the spinach was from her garden!)
- Light sabers (pretzel rods dipped in raspberry sherbet flavored candy melts then sprinkled with hot pink sugar crystals; I stuck the “sabers” into a bowl filled with pink candied popcorn Hannah and I made)
- Princess Leia cupcakes
So now you have some ideas to plan your own girly star wars party–come on, there has to be someone out there that can use this! Also, a big thank you to our friend Bryan Alston who took such great party pictures for us and many of the ones I featured in the collage above. It was a really fun day and I’ll cherish the memories of Leia’s 1st birthday forever!
I cannot believe Leia will turn 1 in about 5 weeks! We are doing a girly Star Wars/Princess theme for her party…did her name give it away?
I will be doing a series of posts on all of the things I am creating for her party so here is the first–the invitation. I got some pinspiration from here, here and here of course and then created this:
Personal information has been removed due to privacy reasons but you get the idea! I just inserted the file into a message and e-mailed it to all our guests. I recommend this to save money on printing, envelopes and postage. Much quicker too!
I had a lot of fun with this and hope it gives you a few laughs today 🙂