Archive for September 2009
I can’t believe my little event planning business will be 1 year old on Oct. 20th–ahh, they grow up so fast 🙂 It has been a great first year for Something to Celebrate and I want to thank all of you out there for hiring me, referring me to someone, subscribing to my E-News and/or reading this blog! I could not have made it without people who care so thank you. This year has been filled with receptions, private parties, non-profit events, weddings, city festival consulting and now currently preparing for a huge event for North Central Texas College. Whew, it tires me to think about all those events but what a blessing to be able to see them come together!
Since my business would not be possible without YOU, I want to provide you with a little anniversary gift blog of some of my very favorite venues and vendors for events and special occasions:
- The Band for any occasion: Paul D’Adamo is an amazing musician, performing arts teacher and ring leader of two great bands–Plan B and the D’Adamo Jazz Quartet. Plan B plays basically anything you could ever want and all those songs everyone knows. They can cover dance, R&B, disco, rock and classic rock. The D’Adamo School of Performing Arts offers vocal lessons and performance lessons on pretty much any instrument. You can also see the Jazz Quartet perform on the Performing Arts site. Paul recently returned from Nashville recording an album with members of Genesis and the Phil Collins band so he knows his stuff! As part of my anniversary gift to you I will book Plan B, the Jazz Quartet or set up a vocal/performance lesson for you for free (& get you a great booking rate)!
- The cool, chic, new Denton business: If you haven’t noticed already, the Unicorn Lake area in Denton is really changing and growing in a great way! My favorite newly opened place out there is Cafe du Luxe and get this: it is a coffee house, great lunching spot, wine bar, art gallery and place to hear some awesome local tunes. I am a coffee snob and I’m telling you, their coffee is some of the best I’ve ever had! The cafe’ has a clean, modern and beautiful decor about it and would also be a great place for a private party or just to hang out with some friends. It’s located at 3101 Unicorn Lake Blvd, Denton.
- The best place for breakfast to go & homemade desserts: I’ve mentioned them here before but Crickles Sweets & Treats really bakes up some amazing stuff (and make breakfast in bed for someone really easy!). They operate out of the NY Sub Hub in Corinth but don’t let that take away from how unique and special this mom and daughter duo is. I’ve had them cater an event before and the food got rave reviews–so they do more than just desserts if needed. They’ve been running coupons in Ad Pages so you might check that out.
- The best blank canvas event space: The Downtowner has The Star Room that provides a perfect place for private parties, receptions, or other occasions with 185 guests or less. The room as beautiful wood floors and get this–they let you bring in your own alcohol at no additional charge. You won’t find many venues who allow that! The VERY reasonable fee for the room includes tables and chairs and set-up/tear-down of everything. They have a sound system you can use for just a small, additional charge.
- Really cheap but high quality printed materials: This is my best secret…Club Flyers is my go-to printing company when I need a large quantity of printed materials (think brochures, flyers, door hangers, business cards, post cards) and a very high quality. Everything is full color and on nice, glossy stock. You just upload your design and they ship it right to you! Some products you can order a minimum of 1,000 and others you must order a minimum of 5,000 pieces. The price for what you get is amazing.
Well, now that I’ve shared some of my best event planning tips I may be out of the business but oh well–you’re worth it! 🙂 Give me a call if I can help you with any of your holiday parties!